Thursday, May 7, 2009

Real Estate Salesperson Exam


Hello World,


This is my first blog post on my blog and it's an exciting day for me. Today was the day of my Real Estate Salesperson exam. After hours of studying, I finally was able to take the real test and feel I did wonderfully. I kept track of questions I had trouble with, about 40 questions, went back over the exam after answering all 150 questions and feel extremely confident with all of my answers.


It will be interesting to see how well I did (or in reality if I passed, since DRE does not release how many questions were answered correctly). So now, I am looking into the process of joining SAR's (Sacramento Association of Realtors) and their "sister" site MetroList (MLS). I am getting excited about starting my real estate career, already in the process of buying a house so I'm familiar with the process.

So, my whole point of my inital post was to vent a little about all of the mail I've received in the last two weeks or so since I signed up to take the Salesperson Exam. It has been amazing! I have probably received 10-15 letters from Brokers offering me a job and 5-10 letters to help me "pass" the exam. While it has been a bit overwhelming with offer after offer (basically without even going in for an interview). The best part of this process has been going into the different offices and learning the different ways Brokers set up their commission structure and more amusing their sales pitch. I have decided I have no desire to work for a Broker that charges a desk fee, especially in my first few months when I have absolutely nothing going on. The sales pitches have been hilarious. Between the hard sales of how great the firm is to the real soft sale that is apparently suppose to make me think I'm wanted, but not needed as the firm is so great and doesn't need agents.

So I will try to update this as often as I have something relative to write about and hope to have good news about my job prospects next week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment